Monday, August 16, 2010

T. F. Tenny “Some Things I Wish I Could Forget”

24-Tennyforgetlordsaid Some Things I Wish I Could Forget - T.F. Tenney 

Tenney candidly discusses mistakes and difficult situations from his own experience in hopes of preventing others from repeating those mistakes. In sixteen short chapters Tenney covers everything from "Meekness" to "Marriage! Divorce?" to "The Pastor and His Church Board" to "The Glory of Being Number Two." This sequel to his Some Things I Wish I Had Known shares necessary knowledge with every ear that wishes to hear.

Media Type: PAPERBACK
Language: English
Copyright: 2006
Number of Pages: 144

23-TennyTFph Author: T.F. Tenney
Reverend Tenney and his wife Thetus make their home in Tioga, Louisiana. They travel nationally and internationally, ministering the message of God's love and power of deliverance to thousands.

 

Contents 1. The Lucifer spirit, 2. A message to Garcia, 3. Statistics and Computers, 4. Appropriate Dress, 5. Marriage! Divorce?, 6. The high cost of waiting, 7. Death or deep water, 8. Courage with cold feet, 9. Casualties of war, 10. The church is not a carnival, 11. What is Truth?, 12. The believer and his money, 13. The pastor and his church board, 14. The glory of being number two, 15. I have a few questions, 16. The neglected fruit – meekness.

INTRODUCTION

Several years ago I wrote a book entitled Some Things I Wish I Had Known. You hold in your hands the sequel: Some Things I Wish I Could Forget. A little girl once said, “Memory is the thing you forget with.” The past is a good place to learn from but a terrible place to live. I have often said, I might have memories, but I do not have a past. My past is under the blood of Jesus.” However, that does not mean we do not have to deal with its repercussions. I would rather deal any day with a man with poor memory than with a man who has a poor “forgetter.”

This is not a negative book. In the beginning paragraph of each chapter I set forth why I wish I could forget particular experiences in life. I then go on in a positive way to define how I feel these things are to be properly dealt with today. Like Laban of old, I have learned from experience. I only wish I was not such a slow learner. I am honest enough to confess to you here that I have made mistakes. I have said before: A mistake is a tribute to a man who quit talking long enough to try to do something. Many of my mistakes were what we refer to as “honest” ones – I was just trying to do something. I just did not quite do it right.

There’s an old adage that says, “Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.” So join me as we meander down this path and I discuss with you Some Things I Wish I Could Forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment